VOLUNTEERS AT Liss Ard Festival 2012
Come and volunteer at Liss Ard!!
Volunteers play an important part in the festival, and gain entry to the festival in exchange for voluntary work.
Volunteers positions will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis.
The Volunteer role can include the following
- To be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the Festival, reporting any oddities on the site that could result in persons harming themselves or others, and report any Health and Safety hazards or issues
- Mobile/ roaming Information Stewards, assisting festival goers with queries/ helping carry equipment/ helping to pitch tents etc
- Carparks - Directing traffic – assisting in carpark areas – pedestrians to campsites
- Artist Liaison assistant
- Camping assistants – helping public
- Entrance Gates – festival goer information point at gate/ security assistance
- Campsites – generally helping public with queries/ site knowledge of facilities
- Helping to control vehicular access at Production entrance
- Controlling access to Crew areas – campsite/ carpark
- Wristband check points
- To be helpful in emergency situations onsite – directing public to safe area etc
Weekenders: In order to apply you will need to
- Read and agree to the Volunteer Terms & Conditions.
- Pay a refundable BOND. This will be refunded in if shifts are completed satisfactorily.
- Be 18 years or over before the start of August 2012. Photo ID will be required on arrival.
- Make their own way to and from Skibbereen. Train & bus information will be provided and Crew carparking will be made available.
- Be available for onsite briefing prior to the event.
- Be available to work 4 x 6hr or 3 x 8hr shifts between Friday 3rd August and Monday 6th August. We do need volunteers on Monday 6th, please note on your application form if you can.
- Be prepared to wear your designated hi-vis vest and be easily recognisable as a Festival Volunteer – the grounds are classed as a building site in the Advance week and all Health & Safety instructions should be adhered to, for your own protection & safety.
- Supply a recent photo for our photoboard on arrival.
- Bring adequate camping gear,
- Bring clothing appropriate for the weather – to use protective clothing in adverse weather conditions and sun cream as protection from the sun.
- When you are off-shift you are free to enjoy the Festival.
You can download the Terms & Conditions for Volunteering at Lissard Festival Here
Please ensure that the email address you provide when applying is working and not full.
Online application form link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LissArdFestivalVol12
Email address for volunteer queries: